Join us Saturday, June 15 for an afternoon of creativity and fun while supporting our one-of-a-kind learning community! Food, wine, and childcare are provided.
This event is like nothing we’ve done before! We’re inviting our Hyde Park/Kenwood/Woodlawn neighbors to join Chicago Free School for a “Sip and Paint” gala and auction, 2-5pm. Tickets are $50 per adult guest and can be purchased via Eventbrite, from a CFS family, or at the door.
what is a sip and paint?
At a sip and paint, guests become artists for the afternoon! Sip on wine while painting on your own canvas. Lead artist Meosha Thomas of Local Color Art Studio will be guiding adult guests in an informal group class to help you create a work of art you can take home with you. (Not a professional artist? Not to worry – it’s about a fun experience more than a perfect product!)
Upstairs, CFS teacher DeeAnn Reed will lead a children’s paint party for ages 3 and up. (They’ll be sipping on juice!)
Each adult guest will need a ticket, but the children’s paint party is included with the price of an adult ticket.
What else is included?
- Wine poured by a professional bartender (so that glasses always stay at least half full!)
- Food generously provided by Hyde Park Produce, Valois Restaurant, Rajun Cajun, The Sit Down, Cedars Mediterranean Kitchen, and Insomnia Cookies
- Painting class, materials, and canvas to take home
- Children’s paint party for children ages 3 and up
- Entrance to our auction and raffle!
Proceeds of this event help support Chicago Free School, a 501(c)3 nonprofit independent school dedicated to democratic education, serving preK-8 students on Chicago’s south side. We believe in Choice, Voice, Inclusion, Community, and Exploration for all students, regardless of income. Your support means the world to us!